An increasing number of people are required to complete self-assessment tax returns. This is either due to income directly from being self-employed or additional income from side activities such as letting property.
Here at PK Bookkeeping we pride ourselves on taking the pain out of completing your self-assessment returns. We understand that no matter how organised you are, or how good your intentions, your time is best spent focused on working to earn the money, rather than spending time accounting for it.
Our experts know what should, or should not, be included in your return, for example, our team can complete returns for the following types of income:
– Capital Gains Tax if you’ve sold certain things, like property or shares
– expenses if you’re an employee or self-employed
– Child Benefit if your income is greater than £50,000
– tax on income from renting property
– tax on savings interest
– tax returns for business partnerships
– tax on income from abroad – or on your UK income if you live abroad
It is very important to us that you don’t end up with fines for late or incorrect completion of your self-assessment. Whilst below, we have shown some key dates for self-assessment, we aim to have your self-assessment completed by mid-July at the latest, making sure that you are not left worrying about missing deadlines. Additionally, knowing the amount of your tax bill as early as possible gives you time to budget and pay the bill.
Some key dates for self-assessment:
– Your tax is calculated on the year up to April 5th
– Register for Self-Assessment if you are self-employed or a sole trader, not self-employed, or registering a partner or partnership at the latest by the following October 5th
– Paper tax returns are due by midnight on October 31st
– On-line tax returns are due by midnight on January 31st
– You must pay the tax you owe by midnight January 31st
So, no matter how much of a muddle your paperwork is in, we are here to create order out of any chaos you present us with. As well as our professional team we have a range of tools which can help, such as online apps and a dedicated professional at the end of the phone.